FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Museum has updated cleaning procedures and various aspects of the Museum visit in response to recommendations from CDC, WHO, and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Face masks are required for all staff and all guests ages two and older
- Additional hand sanitizer stations added throughout the Museum.
- Multiple cleaning stations equipped with disinfecting spray & paper towels for guest use.
- Team members as well as a day porter will clean during each session and between each session, as well as switching out consumables such as toys, balls, play foods, etc.
- The cleaning crew uses hospital-grade cleaners are used to disinfect all areas of the Museum. Team members use EPA approved disinfectant to clean toys, balls, play food, etc.
- All Museum staff receive a health screening at the start of each shift.
- At this time food will not be allowed into the Museum.
- No cash transactions.
- Members and guests must purchases/reserve tickets online. Tickets will not be available onsite.
- Admission tickets have been split into timed sessions for each day in order to lower the number of guests that are in the Museum at one time as well as allowing for time between each session for our team members to clean the Museum.
- Visit our Covid-19 Information page for full details on our health and safety policies and procedures.
10% off general admission for accompanying guests (admission must be purchased by a named member). Call Reservations, Monday – Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at 404-527-3693 to receive the discount when reserving your tickets.
Discounted admission to select ticketed Museum events, Museum Store purchases, Virtual programs, and Parties
Due to Covid-19, CMA is not able to offer parties at this time.
In accordance with new health and safety guidelines, members must reserve their free timed admission tickets in advance online. As a reminder, everyone entering the Museum will need a reserved ticket, including children under 1. Timed tickets are NOT available in person. To reserve your member tickets, click here.
$5 discount vouchers (available with Family level memberships and higher) may be redeemed by reserving this ticket type online and surrendering vouchers at the time of entry. If the voucher is not provided at the time of entry, the regular admission price will be charged.
Membership does not guarantee entry into the Museum if you have not reserved your tickets online. Due to COVID-19, CMA is not accepting walk-up transactions at this time.
Memberships are not valid for entry for field trips, parties, or special events.
ALL members & guests ages two (2) years and older are required to wear a Museum approved face mask from the time you enter the building until the time you exit the building.
Museum approved masks are cloth or disposable that are secured over your nose, mouth, and chin. Strict adherence is required, no exceptions will be made. Members & guests not properly wearing an approved face mask may be asked to leave.
Neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, scarves, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings. A face shield can be worn with a face mask, but not in place of one. Should you and your family need a mask break we ask that you step outside the building.
Memberships are valid for one year and expire on the last day of the month purchased.
Museum memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. All adults on the membership must be named. Picture ID and Membership cards are required at every visit.
Take us for a test drive first. Purchase admission tickets online, and if you choose to become a member by the end of your visit, we’ll apply your pre-tax ticket price to the purchase of a membership. Some restrictions apply.
The Family, Grandparent, and Family Plus memberships allow 50% off admission for up to 6 people into nearly 200 ACM children’s museums around the country. Your membership card will have an ACM logo confirming reciprocity. We recommend calling ahead to the visiting museum to confirm that museum’s policy. For a full list of participating ACM museums, click here.
To purchase ACM reciprocal member tickets click here. ACM membership allows 50% off admission for up to 6 people. Participating Museum Membership card will be required for entry.
Renewing members are encouraged to visit our website, our Welcome Center, or call our Membership Department at 404.527.5910 to renew.
All memberships are 100% tax-deductible. A receipt for tax purposes will be given at time of purchase or included in your welcome packet. Please consult your tax adviser for more details.
- Your membership packet will be issued immediately if your membership is purchased in person.
- Memberships purchased online or over the phone are available for pickup on the first visit to the Museum.
- In your packet, you will receive a membership card for each listed adult on the membership, $5 vouchers (dependent upon your membership level), and a tax-deductible receipt.
- Packets may be held if all information has not been provided at the time of purchase.