Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated 4/1/2020, 11:40 AM
In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the national move to delay or cancel large group gatherings as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization, Children’s Museum of Atlanta will suspend all operations until further notice.
Children’s Museum of Atlanta is committed to the health and wellbeing of all families of our community, and we are taking this action to do our part to help slow the rate of infection and mitigate the risk that COVID-19 poses to Atlanta.
This decision was not made lightly and we understand the complexities of this situation. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In light of the possibility that the Museum may be forced to be closed through the end of May, we plan to extend memberships for two months, even if we are able to open earlier. We all are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back to the Museum!
If you have questions, please leave a message at 404-527-3693 or send an email.
We recommend visiting the CDC’s website to learn more about how to protect yourself from COVID-19. The following everyday actions can help prevent the spread of many respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask.
- If you are a member of a vulnerable population, limit outings in the community.
Symptoms include cough, sore throat, high temperature, and feeling tired and achy, which are similar to flu symptoms.
People with an increased risk of infection include people with underlying health issues, older adults, and healthcare workers caring for patients with COVID-19.