- Assist with drafting and producing donor correspondence, including proposals, acknowledgments, and reports
- Assist with record keeping, including maintaining current donor database (Altru), generating management reports and filing
- Undertake various projects as needed
Time Commitment: No less than 2 months
Scheduling: Minimum 20 hours per week, Monday — Friday. Prefer regular schedule, but can be flexible.
- Understanding of and interest in fundraising practices and Atlanta’s philanthropic community
- Knowledge of Altru
- Willingness to assist as needed in cooperative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Gain experience working as an integral part of the CMA Development Department
- Contribute to the success of the museum’s development effort and support the mission of the museum
No phone calls please. Applicants interested in the Development Intern position should email resume and cover letter to:
Director of Strategic Advancement & Marketing | Email
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
The Social Media Intern position offers applicants hands-on marketing experience in a non-profit organization. The Intern will be responsible for many tasks including:
- Digital marketing research and data analysis by helping input data, manage email databases, analyze and report promotion performance, and researching cross-promotional and community partnership opportunities.
- Weekly maintenance of the Museum blog.
- Assisting in social media strategy planning and implementation.
- Support the marketing department by documenting programs and events through photography and videography.
- Providing administrative support to the Marketing Department.
- Junior or Senior level college student or graduate
- Communications or Marketing major preferred
- Available 20-25 hours per week for 3-4 months
- Specific interest in digital/social media marketing
No phone calls, please. Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Brand Manager | Email
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN
Goal of Position: Assist with the planning and implementation of special events that support the programs and mission of the Children’s Museum of Atlanta, while raising awareness and often raising funds for the Museum.
- Strategic event planning for both tactical and creative aspects
- Assist in research of event vendors and event budgeting
- Manage marketing tactics for various events
- Draft event marketing and publicity materials
- Work with volunteers to implement actual events
- Creative brainstorming of event ideas and forward planning
- Assistance with event wrap-up and evaluation process
Time Commitment: Minimum 2 months
Scheduling: Minimum 20 hours per week, flexible schedule
- Knowledge and experience in event planning
- Willingness to assist as needed in a cooperative team environment
- Excellent writing skills as well as a firm grasp on rules of grammar
- Ability to manage details of various projects under supervision of special events director
- Previous work as an event volunteer is a plus
- Gain experience in event planning working as an integral part of the Children’s Museum of Atlanta special events department
- Build your events portfolio by participating in the planning and implementation of strategic marketing and fundraising events
- Contribute to the success of special events and programs of The Children’s Museum of Atlanta that support the mission of the Museum
No phone calls, please. Applicants interested in the Special Events position should email resume and cover letter to:
Director of Srategic Advancement & Marketing | Email