VIRUTAL BUILDING BLOCKS
Meet our new virtual toddler series, a part of CMA’s Building Blocks early learning program:
- Weekly, 30-minute classes designed for preschoolers (3-5 years old) and their grown-ups.
- Grown-ups will need to be present to assist their child with the activity.
- Each class includes Storytime, vocabulary words, and a hands-on activity.
- Families can register for individual classes or for the entire series.
- Classes will focus on a variety of subjects: literacy, arts, STEM, social-emotional, geography, healthy eating.
- Classes are led by trained museum staff.
Dates, Hours & Themes:
- OCT 19: Art is Shapes (art focus)
- OCT 26: I Am Peace (social-emotional focus, art/maker activity)
- NOV 2: Growing Vegetable Soup (healthy eating focus)
- NOV 9: Dance Around the World (social-emotional, geography)
- NOV 16: Three Little Pigs (STEM, engineering focus)
- NOV 23: Invisible String (social-emotional focus)
All programs are held Mondays at 9:30 AM
$10/class or $50/full series
$12/class or $60/full series
ART IS SHAPES +
Learn about Pablo Picasso, Georgia O'Keefe, Claude Monet, and other amazing artists. Mini-artists will have a chance to create their own cubist work while learning all about shapes and colors!
I AM PEACE +
In this calming class, children will learn the basics of mindfulness, deep breathing, and yoga. We will focus on how to be compassionate to themselves and others in a fun, engaging way.
GROWING VEGETABLE SOUP +
Learn all about healthy foods and healthy eating through Lois Ehlert's book, Growing Vegetable Soup. Then, we talk about what plants need in order to thrive and how to plant your very own bean pod.
DANCE AROUND THE WORLD +
Let's travel the globe while learning about geography and dancing! After reading Giles Andreae's Giraffes Can't Dance, children will learn three different dances and create a beautiful fan.
THREE LITTLE PIGS +
Put your toddler engineering caps on! Let's learn about the story of the three little pigs, but this time there will be a surprise twist. Then, design your own building that will stand strong no matter how many huffs and puffs blow your way.
INVISIBLE STRING +
Let's talk about the bonds that connect us to family and friends! Especially important in 2020, children will learn that they are connected to their loved ones even when they can't see them. After storytime, children will have a chance to create a gift for a loved one.
All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. The Museum is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt & charitable organization. Our tax-exempt number is 58-1785484.