All field trips are geared towards providing an immersive, standards-based learning experience and provide cross-curriculum learning opportunities focusing on math, science, social studies, language arts, geography, and arts.
Basic Field Trip Information
Once you’ve booked a Field Trip, download this helpful PDF full of things to know before you come for you visit!
- Field trips are scheduled for Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and select Mondays only.
- Field Trips occur at 10:00 AM
- 1 adult chaperone is required to every 5 children.
- Price per student (field trips prior to May 31, 2017) – $8.00 (plus tax)
- Price per student for Title 1 Schools (field trips prior to May 31, 2017) – $5.00*
To obtain these prices, you must be an accredited educational institution or part of a state approved educational program as required by law. To obtain Title I fees, school must be a state registered Title I school. These prices are only valid during the traditional academic year calendar, from September 1 through June 1. *Discounted Title 1 are limited and are distributed on a first come/first served basis.
Spring Field Trip: From Here to There Exhibit
Lift, launch and levitate your way through interactive exhibits to explore how things move by land, sea and air. Ride a hovercraft to experience air pressure; float a boat to experiment with air flow. Experiment with hands-on exhibits that make learning about gravity, friction, and the laws of motion fun. From Here to There consists of fun, interactive exhibits that are color-coded and divided into three main categories: transportation by land, sea and air. Each exhibit is designed to spark conversation and encourage interaction among students and educators.
- Best for students in grades Pre-K – 3rd
- January 28 – May 29, 2017
STEM Field Trip
Enhance your guided field trip experience by adding an unforgettable science component. Available on Tuesdays only, a STEM Field Trip includes all the benefits of a traditional outing plus an additional hands-on science experiment in the Museum’s Learning Labs. A Museum science educator will then lead the students in a unique science demonstration.
Choose from one of the following themes: Glop, Six Simple Machines Do Work, Fun with Shapes & Tangrams, Who Moved My Cheese?
- September 26, 2016 – May 26, 2017
(Available Tuesdays only)
- Best for students in grades K – 3rd
- Minimum group size: 20 children
- Maximum group size: 157 children
Blue Man Group – Making Waves
Explore the world of sound during this highly interactive exhibit merging science and art. See more details here.
- June 10, 2017 – September 4, 2017
- Call 404-527-3693 for pricing and available dates.