Teen Museum Volunteer Program
We looking for ambitious and fun-loving 14- to 18-year-olds who love working with children to become a Teen MVP in Summer 2018.
As a Teen MVP, you will get a chance to pick between one of two amazing, week-long opportunities:
Apprentices assist the education team plan and implement daily programs in arts and crafts, science, maker space, and drama. As an apprentice, you will receive mentorship from our awesome education staff, who will guide and help you develop your own program material to be presented at the end of your week. Apprenticeships run each week from June 4 to July 27.
Summer Camp Counselor:
Counselors help plan, lead, and implement programs and experiences for children during summer camp. Each counselor is responsible for guiding and supervising the young participants in his or her group. Summer camps take place during the weeks of June 11-15, June 18-22, July 9-13, and July 16-20.
We’re looking for students who are:
- Eager and willing to learn, participate, and contribute
- Open and excited to work alongside people of different backgrounds, cultures, and personalities
- Interested in community development and civic engagement
- Curious, inquisitive, and creative
- Proactive, passionate, and hardworking
- Must be at least 14-years-old on June 1
- Must be enrolled in middle or high school for Fall 2018.
- Must be willing to commit to at least 1 full week (Monday-Friday) during the months of June and July. Preference will be given to those who can commit to at least 2 full weeks.
- Submit an application
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation. These letters may be written by a teacher, coach, school administrator, supervisor, pastor, or other community leaders.
- Attend an orientation session. We’ll contact you with an official invitation and available dates.
EXPECTATIONS FOR PARENTS
- Parents and children are partners in keeping the commitments to this program
- Parents will ensure that their children report to events and all project meetings on time
- Parents will maintain open lines of communication with program coordinators
- Parents are not expected to attend orientation but are invited
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 1
Any questions regarding this program or the application process should be directed to Lyle Davis at 404-420-9193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to commit to a full week, we would love for you to check out other opportunities we have available.